Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Love So Loud- Believe in Me.

     My goal now is to write every single day, even if it is just a little something..to help keep me on the right path. Not everything I write will be posted, but- I'll be writing. You all know I write blog posts..but I actually grew up writing poems every night before I went to bed and they would help me go to sleep, I was never really sure why until recently. 
     So last night, I wrote a poem. In the sixth grade we had an assignment called "Believe in Me" and we either had to write a poem or a paper or something, but Believe in me was the focus of the project. In sixth grade I wrote a pretty awesome poem about believing in God that I still remember most of. But last night, I put a new spin on the project that we had in the sixth grade and I thought I should share it with you all and switch it up a little bit.


She got home from work today,
Slammed the keys on the counter, barely got paid.
The kids are crying, there's not much to eat,
How are they ever going to get to sleep.
She kneels by her bedside, tears stream from her cheek,
Lord, I'm begging, believe in me.


He steps up to the line, knocks down two.
Time's running down and there's not much else to do.
Ten seconds left, down by three.
Asking- hey coach, believe in me.


It's finally here, it is the big day.
the interview is soon, she's well on her way.
before she walks in her phone vibrates, she sees.. 
A text from Mom, she believes in me.


Bullied at school, comes home to chores.
With a fist in the air- I can't do this anymore.
Life is too hard why can't anyone see
He yells at the wall- someone please believe in me.


At the end of the day, its all the same.
Our circumstances are hard, we look for someone else to blame.
I think if we open our eyes we'd probably understand,
That in this world we will struggle while we're surrounded by man.
But the positive thing is for those who believe,
There's more to this life than just what we see.
To the mom that struggles to barely get by,
The kid that has the big game on the line.
The girl that's about to embark on something new,
The kid who doesn't know what to do.
It's bigger than what you're going through,
And most of the people around you are struggling too.
But in the midst of the troubles and the raging sea,
Stay calm and hear the voice saying believe in Me.  


Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. -John 14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment