Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Love So Loud- Here's to Us.

     I've been meaning to write this post for a while now. Adults, I'm sorry but this isn't directed to you as much as it is directed to us teenagers. I check my twitter on a daily basis, and the things that I see on my TimeLine sometimes are absolutely awful. Written by people my age or people younger, things that aren't meant to be said by people like us, people who haven't even seen half of what the world has to offer. This post isn't going to be judgmental, that's not my intention. But I realized something now more than ever..we need a voice for our generation.
     It's crazy to me because we hit age thirteen and suddenly everything we used to know feels a whole lot bigger. We start seeing the evil that consumes our world and we search for a light that helps make it all seem a whole lot brighter. We have big dreams of becoming amazing and they're crushed by a fist full of broken promises. They leave us sitting in an empty room full of what used to be. We get told who to be, what to wear, how to fit in and how to look. We get told that if you aren't stick thin, you're fat. If you're wearing glasses, you're a nerd. Braces? What a loser. This ride we call life is becoming a lot more like a stroll down the judgmental cat walk.
     And that's where this voice I was talking about comes in. I need you to know something, teenagers, (since I will soon leave you all for the age of 20 haha.) but seriously, listen to me for just a second. It's okay to be different. And this isn't one of those quotes like "you were born an original, don't die a copy." this is a serious, serious statement. And there are so many I know that Keller, moments in my blog. But I feel like we need to talk about where I'm going with this. 
     
     Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12


     That's where I'm going. I need you all to cling to this verse while you still have your innocence. While your mistakes are still so insignificant. While it seems so hard but is still so easy and so pure. Because in the next few years, you're going to hear someone tell you that you can't. You need to know you can. You're going to hear someone tell you who to be, don't let them. Be like a word in a dictionary, people can try to tell you what you are..but in the end you are whatever your creator made you to be. You are already defined through Christ, and no one can take that from you
     So talk to others with the same words you would use if you were talking to God. Make a difference. Don't think that because we are teenagers we can't make a wave in the worlds' ocean. Be bold and be passionate about anything and everything your heart desires. And cling to what is good around you in a not so good world. Stay faithful to the wife or husband you haven't met yet..because true love will wait. Set the example for others that no one else has. Be respectful and be polite. Be kind and be courageous. Try building someone up instead of tearing them down. Live by 1 Timothy 4:12. Take on the world with your voice, God's love, a bible and the ability to be heard. Here's to us, here's to making a change. And remember Romans 8:31- if God is for us, who can ever be against us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment