Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Love So Loud- How are YOU?

     Its been a while since I've written, a long while. And it seems like that's how almost all of my posts lately have started out, and there is absolutely no excuse. With that being said, I have a twitter account that is specific to my blog (@ALoveSoLoud). It will feature when my new posts come out, and a lot of other pretty neat things that will hopefully hold me accountable for writing more but most importantly, try and bring us all a little closer to God. 
     I want to switch it up a little bit today. I want you to take the time and examine your heart. I want you to ask yourself how you are doing. Why? Because you matter. You matter to others, yourself, and most importantly you matter to God. I've been thinking about how easy it is to lose yourself in the hustle of every day life. Especially if you have a job, children, a husband, obligations..anything that can completely steer yourself away from, well..you. And I've come to the conclusion that no matter how ridiculous it may sound, it is important to sit down sometimes and ask yourself how you're doingAnd this, is why.  
     
      1. You are the best version of yourself when you are happy. That seems like a pretty obvious statement, I know. But it's also one of those that we often overlook. Happiness means so many different things to each of us..so make an attempt to find what makes you smile. Cause you know what they say "Happiness is a journey, not a destination." 
      
     2. Despite what anyone tells you, you matter. I want you to think about all of the things that wouldn't be possible if you didn't exist. For mothers, you wouldn't have been able to bless the world with your children- who will one day mean the world to someone else. For teenagers, think about all that you are for your best friend, or boyfriend or girlfriend, or siblings. For those who feel like they don't matter, I guarantee you have made someones day before, and you'll make it again. There is a reason you're here.  
    
   3. And the most important reason I have for you today is, it keeps your relationship with Jesus number one in your life. And I'm sure some of you are wondering where on earth I'm going with this..so let me explain. I don't claim to be a preacher, I haven't read the whole bible..but I have a relationship with my Savior that grows, in some way, every day.  And a really big part of that is this step. Like I said, it's easy to get lost in the crazy of life, but it's easier to land in the arms of The One who gives it meaning.       
     
     So when you go to lay down tonight..or if you're just sitting around letting your mind wander; ask yourself how you're doing. Have a heart to heart with Jesus if you haven't in a while. Let Him know where you fall short. Let Him know where you stand and where you wish to be. Allow Him to work through your heart. Because in the end.. 


1. Jesus is your journey to happiness, and your destination.
2. You will never mean more to anyone than you do to Him. I mean, He did die to give us a life. 
3. And sometimes, the one who doesn't directly talk back, is the very best listener.       


Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in Me. John 15:4 (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment