Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Love So Loud- The Pool.

     I've never had a blog post rant. This is a blog post rant. So fasten your seat belt folks, cause I'm going 0-100 in .2. 
     I need to know the answer to some of life's questions. I need someone to tell me. This isn't judgmental, this isn't me condemning you, this is an attempt at understanding you and and attempt at examining myself. I NEED to understand, it won't leave my mind, I have to get this out.
     I have mentioned so many times that in our lives we are searching for something. We are searching for the truth in a world full of lies. We are searching for love in a world full of lust. We are searching for comfort in a world that brings us down. We are searching for solutions in a world that gives us problems. I could go on and on, but I don't need to. I need to know why we do this. See, as humans we complain that we don't know what is going to happen. We complain that love hasn't found us. We complain that we're always down in the dumps. We complain about everything. So let's back up and figure this thing out together..ready for it?
     Why are we searching for truth instead of knowing The Truth? Why are we searching for love instead of getting lost in His love? Why are we searching for comfort, when His arms are outstretched holding us? Why are we searching for a solution when we have The Answer? I was just talking to my best friend about a part of this, and that's what sparked this post. We need to examine ourselves from the inside, out.. and we need to start now. See, we can complain about all of this- all of these things that aren't going right and all of the stuff that makes us unhappy but like I just said in the post before..our problems are typically self made
     This might come off a little hard, and I hope that no one stops reading because of some of the things that I've said so far..but someone needs to say it and I feel like it has been put on my heart. We hate change, but we should hate who we are without Christ, more. We should hate that so much that we are willing to accept the changes that need to be made in our life. We need to become a pack of Jesus Freaks. We need to be the change in our generation..because let's face it, things aren't getting any better. And we want to complain about it, but we don't want to fix it
     You know those days, because I know we've all had them..it's scolding hot, middle of the summer, and there is a huge pool awaiting your arrival somewhere. You finally get there, you see the pool, you get pumped about it- and then we do that thing..you know? Where you put your toe or your finger in the water and you think that it's way too cold to get in. It doesn't matter how beautiful it is outside or how inviting that pool looks, you choose to go in because of how uncomfortable that water will make you..air conditioning is just so much easier. 
     Don't you get it? WHO CARES if it is cold. WHO CARES if it's uncomfortable. It's life! And it's supposed to be cold, and it's supposed to be uncomfortable but it eventually feels normal, it feels like it's what you're supposed to be doing. The possibility of being uncomfortable shouldn't keep us from doing a cannon ball right into the deep end. Because like I said, we want to complain about all of these unknowns in the world, but do you realize all the signs we are given? We have a book FULL of answers and all you have to do is open it up? It's like seeing that big pool right in front of you, and going inside? Why? Dive in! Do a stinkin' cannon ball! Don't sit in the AC because it's easy..because the thing about AC, is that it comes at a pretty high cost. 
     The point is- unless you enjoy being lost and searching for something more..it's time to surrender to the One who makes it all make sense. It's time to be more than what this world wants you to be. It's time to stop letting things define you. It's time to define yourself through Him.
     
Come close to God and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. - James 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment