Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Love So Loud- Letting Go.

     I'm going to do my best not to take things from the heart break post and add them to this one, but I received a text from a friend a few days ago and she needed to read something to help her move on and help her let go. So I guess this is kind of a post for all of you who are stuck. You're close to moving on, but you can't quite get there yet. You feel it on the tip of your fingers, but you don't want to reach out and grab it.
     Just like I've said in so many other posts, we are all very much human..and sometimes it's hard to trade in memories. It's so hard to just forget and be okay. My question for you today though- is it worth losing your happiness? How many times are you going to have to have your heart broken? How many times is he or she going to have to leave you for you to get that this isn't the way things are supposed to be? That you deserve more? Because you do, and you'll find it..but part of letting go is believing that. It's believing that you're going to be okay even when you're at your lowest point. It's trusting that God is holding your heart, that He doesn't want to see you hurting anymore. That you're "safe in His arms".
     And even to those of you who aren't struggling with a relationship..those of you who are angry at your boss for making you stay late for work. Those of you that are in a fight with one of your closest friends and you don't know how you'll ever forgive them. Us college kids who can't seem to find the time to breathe and be happy between finals and last minute homework. We have to learn to let go of all of this negativity that consumes our life. I know it's hard to be happy all of the time, I'm not. I know it's hard to see the positive in every situation, I don't. But we have to try. Because what's the point in harvesting all of the bad. No one reading this can tell me that they LOVE the way it feels to be mad or discouraged, because we don't, yet we bring it upon ourselves and we let the emotions linger.
     I realize that this is a short post, but I don't think there's much else that needs to be said. Letting go is such a personal decision and I can't hammer anything into your head. But I think all that really needs to be said is what I tell myself every single day- when old memories come flooding back into my head, when I realize that I'm being negative and I can't find my happiness..and that is;


1. Trust that God has a bigger plan.
2. Trust that God is for you.
3. Trust that God won't give you any pain that you can't handle.
4. Learn to love what is good for you.
5. Get better, not bitter.
6. Is this really worth it?
7. Being negative won't help you make progress.
8. Most of our problems are self made problems.
9. When you hit rock bottom, you can only go up.
10. You. Will. Be. Okay.


So hey you, yes you. If you're having a bad day, let it go and turn it around. If you can't get over your ex, let them go and wait for the one who was meant for you. If your boss is on your very last nerve, let it go because you don't know what they're going through either. Life is better when you see the good in it. But you can't see the good until you let go of all of that that keeps you down.




"But forget all that-- it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new.." -Isaiah 43:18-19 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment