Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Love So Loud.

     I had this whole series in mind for the next few blogs, but last night I was talking to my Grams and she inspired me to write this one. It doesn't have a title, because I honestly don't know what to call it, but I'm inspired, and I'm passionate, and I'm ready for you all to hear what I have to say.
     Have you all seen that commercial, and I can't quote it word for word, but I'm pretty sure it's about NCAA athletes. And in each different screen shot, there is a different sport. For example, the one about baseball is a guy sliding into home..and the words say "this is not the last inning." and it goes on and on with things like "this is not the last field goal" and "this is not the last shot." That probably wasn't a very good description, and if I can find the video I'll post it. But, I think it is completely appropriate to apply this to our lives..and this isn't just for all of the athletes. It's for each and every one of us who struggle because we thought we lost the once in a life time chance. It's for the girl who is in tears over the boy who slipped through her fingers. It's for the boy who didn't get the scholarship to play Division 1 basketball. It's for the person reading this, the person that is full of regret because whatever opportunity they had, they let it go. But the more I dwell on it, the more I realize that this isn't the last. In fact, this isn't the last anything. 
     I used to be the type of person that hated "lasts". And I made that very clear to a few of my close friends. I hated the last day of high school school, I hated knowing it would be the last time I ever got to see someone, If you're Taylor Swift (or a girl in general lol) you hate the last kiss. I despised things that I knew would never happen again. But honestly, every last usually becomes a new first
     We have all heard the saying "one door opens when another door shuts." but we let it go in one ear and out the other because it doesn't really apply to our lives because it is about doors. But let's think about this in a way that we can all relate to. Every bad day is followed by a good one, a chance to make it better. Even the people who have been heartbroken beyond repair have found their true love- or no one would be married. The kids who didn't get in to their college- they got in somewhere, and I'm willing to bet they found their happiness. That star athlete who didn't go Division 1, is now the star at a small school and wouldn't trade it for anything else. And some where, the kid who couldn't bare the the thought of a last kiss with an ex, just got their last first kiss with someone who couldn't care the thought of letting them go. See? Every last, is followed by a first. Every end, holds a new beginning.
     I'm big on "everything happens for a reason" but I don't think that reason is coincidence, in my opinion it is God at work. In 1 Corinthians 14:33 we are reminded that Our God is not a God of confusion, but a God of peace. What I'm trying to say is, stop dwelling on the last. Stop looking for the answer. God doesn't want to confuse you, He will give you the peace you need to look forward to a new beginning, to a better first. Like I've said before, when God takes something, anything, away from you..It's usually to give you something much better. He turns each and every single one of our tragedies, into triumph. 

Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. -Isaiah 43:18

Challenge: Stop dwelling on the Last.

No comments:

Post a Comment