Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Love So Loud- Worry.

     As I'm typing this, and as you're reading this- you are losing time from your life that you will never get back, never..it is forever gone. Your existence continues, but that time has already taken it's breath and fulfilled it's purpose. That feeling you get in the pit of your stomach if you let that sink in- that's called worry. This post has been on my mind a lot lately with the events that have unraveled around me, and maybe the events in my life have affected yours, too. But through these events, I have come to the conclusion that as human beings, the most lingering emotion, the emotion that comes for the most frequent visit, is worry. We all know how it feels- worry takes hold of your brain, of your heart, and of your life, and squeezes what it can out of you until you are left feeling exhausted, beat up and let down
    We all go through struggles of our own..in my life, I worry about my family and their well-being, I worry about my closest friends, and even those I do not know. I worry if I will ever be completely healthy like I used to be. I worry if I'll ever meet the man that I will one day call my husband. I worry that I'm not doing enough, or maybe I'm doing too much. I worry about my grades. I worry that I'm not making anyone proud. And I know these are tiny struggles compared to what some of you may be worrying about..but the real question is, why do we worry? We live for a Creator who knows what will happen before it is ever spoken to be, who knows our moves before we make them, who knows how many breaths we have left to breathe before we take our last one. Matthew 6:27 says, "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" We can't, so why let worry consume us any longer?
     I was talking to my Mom this morning over text, and we got on the topic about what I'm going to end up doing with my life. The honest truth is, I don't know what I'm going to do, who I'll end up with, or where I will be when I wake up tomorrow morning, but in my short 19 years of life, I know now that there is no point in worrying about it. We spend so much of our time worrying about our future and what it will be like that we miss out on what's right in front of us. We live in a time where if you aren't on the move, you're considered stagnant, or old fashioned. In my opinion, if you don't take the time to take THIS moment in, you'll come to the end of your life and wonder where the whole thing went
    Make it an effort this week to live every day as if it is one twenty-four hour period, as if tomorrow really might not come. Look outside, no matter the weather, and find the beauty in it. Do the right thing because it's right. Stand up for something because it's what YOU believe in. Enjoy the little things, because the more you worry about the things that haven't happened yet, the more you miss out on all of the beauty that surrounds you.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34

Challenge: Take life 24 hours at a time and find your happiness.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment