Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Love So Loud- Dreams.

     It's 3 o'clock in the morning and I feel like I have too much on my mind to go to sleep..and when i can't sleep, I write. I've been this way for as long as I can remember..when I was young I would write in my journal, as I got older I started writing poems and songs and now, I'm writing this blog for you to read..whoever you are. One thing I've learned about writing though, is that it's easiest when it's not forced out of you. It's easiest when I lay in bed and my thoughts consume me and I have to get it out. Tonight, I'm thinking about you..yes, you. I'm thinking about people..and one thing I've learned about people, is that we aren't all so different after all.  
     This might be my first post that isn't just to pour out my heart to you all about God..it's to inspire you and encourage you, because lately I've realized that sometimes that's what we really need. We just need someone to listen, someone who cares. We need that friend that will answer the phone at 3 o'clock in the morning and we need the hand to hold when we can't find the courage to face another day of our life alone. We need the hope that we can beat the best, we need the strength to pursue our dreams when they seem as though they're unreachable.  
     But they aren't. They don't have to be. Half of the world is telling you to dream big, while the other half is telling you to stay realistic. But my thoughts? Why stay realistic when you have one chance to be physically present on this planet? If you want something, if you have dreamt of being someone important, or doing something special..what are you waiting for? Jump. Jump, and see where you land. You could end up with every single thing that you ever wished to have. Or you could end up living on a broken dream and a broken heart..but at least you tried. And in the end, God puts you where you are supposed to be.
     I'd like to think that there was a reason that I typed all of this on my phone tonight. That there was someone, somewhere who needed to hear these words. Maybe there is..but maybe there isn't. That doesn't mean that I'm going to stop believing whole heartedly that my words matter. Cause that dream? For me, it's to change the world one person at a time. Unrealistic? Most definitely. Will I stop trying? Not a chance. We all have that dream that seems like it is too far fetched. I want to stand in front of thousands of people one day and talk about all this stuff you all take the time to read. I want to be a difference maker. My problem is i'm a better writer than i am a speaker..I hide behind a pen or a keyboard. But I wouldn't make any difference at all if I chose to stay silent, so I chose to speak. I chose to be uncomfortable and I chose to accept failure if it came and if it comes
     So to the person who thinks it might be too late to reach that dream, let it be heard..and don't be afraid to fail. You're not alone in wishing for more. You're not alone in longing for something greater than yourself. And you're not alone in being scared. Because ya see, people? We really aren't all so different after all.  




 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to proper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keller, I don't know and you don't know me but I've been reading your blog since Blaine started posting it on her facebook. I really like, this post especially. It's really inspiring. Thanks so much and keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read them! and I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I'm glad I can inspire you in a small way because that really inspires me. i'll keep writing as long as you keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete