Friday, February 17, 2012

A Love So Loud- Purpose.

      I got the idea to start this blog from a relatively new friend of mine (I'll post the link of his blog, too.) over a text message a few days ago and it has been burning on my mind and in my heart ever since he suggested it.
      Those of you who know me, know that there is nothing I love more than sitting around and talking about the love of God. My favorite day is Sunday, my favorite night is Wednesday night..and every other day i'm reading one of the books stacked tall by my bed to figure out what God wants me to share with someone on those days. Those of you who don't know me, you will come to soon find out why I am such a Jesus freak. 
      But that's where the title of this blog comes from, I want the love of Jesus Christ to be "A Love So Loud", the whole world hears it. 
      I don't really know where God will lead me with this, I don't even know if anyone will read it..but I do know that we are all here for a specific purpose, and God calls us to fulfill those purposes.
      I didn't know what mine was..i've always been searching for what "felt" right to me. I've switched my major from Education to Undecided, to Criminal Justice and as of late, I'm feeling pretty Undecided. The problem with me has always been I wanted to know my purpose, for my own good. So that I would have the answers to all of life questions. So I could stop hearing the dreaded sentence "Well, you're getting pretty old, shouldn't you be figuring out what you want to do?"So I could just know, and finally be content. I was tired of the sleepless nights- asking God what I was supposed to be and that if He would just tell me, I could get started and be great at it. I was, I am, and I always will struggle with that selfishness..that makes me human
      Last basketball season, the first season of my college basketball career- I developed an injury known by the medical term Osteitis Pubis. It hurt me to run, sit, cough, sneeze, lift my legs..it hurt me to live. It also took basketball away from me for a year. After a year of rest, I decided it was time to give basketball another shot. I missed being a part of a team, being a part of something that was more than just me. Soon after I came to this realization, God blessed me, and my Coach took me back after I had told her I was feeling better..I soon came to find out, I was wrong. I was devastated, I was angry and once again, I was being selfish. I was in a constant battle with my mind, asking why I would come back and put myself through this when I'm letting everyone around me down..when i'm letting myself down. Why I can't just feel better so I can use the gift God gave me to it's full potential. Needless to say, it didn't take long for God to give me the reality check that I needed so desperately. Because of a text my dad sent me one sunday morning, I found myself roaming and reading through Romans, when I re-stumbled upon Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." 
      We are all looking for something..whether it's love, the right job, our keys, our purpose..we are all searching for the answer. We fall short because we search within the world. We should search with God.. THE Answer. THE Creator of THE Universe. He knows us, He loves us..so Give it to Him, and maybe your answer will become as clear as mine has. :)


Challenge of the week: Trust God with your decisions this week, make it a daily habit to ask Him for the best answers..He did create the universe, ya know? :)

2 comments: