Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Love So Loud- Love Part 3.

      To the person reading this- You are beautiful. You are Handsome. You are unique. You are important. You are worth something. You are smart. You are special. You are you, and there is only one you in the whole entire world.
      Last year in public speaking, our first speech was to tell the class a little bit about ourselves. The most important part of every speech is the attention grabber, and the big bang at the end of it. As I was pondering on what mine would be, I came to the realization that Keller is an extremely unique name. After doing very little research, I came to find that there are fewer than 1,566 people with the first name Keller, which is an extremely small number since there are 313,143,601+ people in the United States. So I let the class know about this statistic in the very beginning of my speech..and then I went on to tell them about myself. As my speech came to a conclusion I repeated what I had said in the beginning and added my "big bang"; there are 1,566 people with the first name Keller in the United states, but there is only one me.
      I want you to stop what you're doing right now, yes..that does mean walk away from the computer or put down your phone, and go look into the mirror and think about what you see. Did you do it? Are you satisfied with the face looking back at you? Or are you covered with shame because of the person you've been, or the person you are? Before you beat yourself up about it, I need you to realize something. It's the most important part of this whole post, ya ready? There are 7 BILLION people in this world, and there will never be another you. There will never be another Keller Hayden Menke as long as the earth exists. That may seem like a simple and obvious sentence but don't miss this point. Like I said in the first post, we are all created for a purpose and we're here to fulfill those purposes. But tell me how you're going to be the person you were meant to be, if you can't fully cope with the person you are?
      One of my favorite quotes is "it's never too late to be who you might have been." and it's completely true. The personality I had in high school and the personality I have now, are polar opposites. I'm so much better of a person now than I have ever been, i smile more, i laugh more, i enjoy more..and it's because I know now that who I was, wasn't who I was meant to be. I've learned that when you aren't content with who you are, you tend to talk about other people. What they're wearing, what they're doing, who they're with and who they aren't with..why do we do that? I was guilty of the same thing; and it's because we're busy trying to find ourselves..finding things to make us feel better about the life we live- cause right now, this life isn't all we dreamt it to be. Like i said, it's never too late.
      We live in a world where if you don't fit in, you're an outcast. We hear things like, "get with it or get lost." My advice? RUN- Run far away from the people who try to shape you into what the world wants you to be. Run far away from the people who say being normal is cool- and just be yourself. I've realized that i'm not the popular kid that I tried to be in high school. I don't go to parties and I don't drink..it wasn't me then, it isn't me now..and I think it's pretty awesome i've never tasted alcohol. I've realized that I think it's cool that I stay in on a friday night and enjoy the Bible. I think it's cool that I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'm not ashamed to tell anyone. You may think i'm lame..and you know, I'd have to agree..but I know I won't always fit in with everyone, I've made my own way and I'm trying to please God along that way..you can too
     To those of you who think it's too late to turn everything around, it's not. I need you to cling to the fact that you are made beautiful through your imperfections..that God loves you for every single one of them. That we can make mistakes because we live for a God who gave His Son, and through His Grace, our sins are clean. We are reminded of this by what Paul writes in 1 Timothy 1:15-17, it says, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-- of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in Him and receive enteral Life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, The only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

So, for those who think you aren't worth anything-- Jesus thought you were to die for. 


Challenge: LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU MATTER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment